Monday, April 13, 2015

Essay Contest Writer Maria Tinoco: This Is My Story

We celebrated Adult Ed Week 2015 in many ways.  Many ESL students wrote essays for an essay contest.  The topic of the contest was "I am an Adult School Student and This is My Story."  The essays were wonderful.  

Here, with author Maria's permission, is one of them:

This Is My Story

Maria's painting -
on display in the SMART Center.
I am a student at San Mateo Adult School and this is my story.  My name is Maria Yolanda Tinoco.  I am from Colombia.  I came to this country seven months ago, because all my children live here.  In my country I studied art and I was a teach of oil painting on canvas for 30 years.



I began to learn English at San Mateo Adult School on August 18, 2014.  I continue to come to this school because it's near my home;  it's a very, very good school with excellent teachers, who are friendly.

I need to learn English because I want to be an American Citizen in the future.


1 comment: