Monday, April 13, 2015

Adult Ed Evening Essay Winner Guadalupe Quintero: This is My Story

Guadalupe reading her essay at the Evening Award Ceremony.
Gualupe Quintero was one of the Adult Education Week 2015 Evening ESL Essay Contest winners.  She is a student in Teacher Alesha's High Beginning Class. The topic of the contest was "I am an Adult School Student and This is My Story."

Here, with her permission, is her essay:

This is My Story

I am a student at San Mateo Adult School and this is my story.

My name is Guadalupe Quintero and I am from Mexico.  I came to this country on August 5, 2011.  I came to this country to give my children a better future and a good education.

I started to study English at San Mateo Adult School on August 26, 2014.  I keep coming back to San Mateo Adult School to learn English to prepare for a better job, to help my children with school work, and to understand the doctor and what people say at meetings.  I want to go anywhere and be able to speak and understand.

What I like most about San Mateo Adult School are the very good teachers who teach us very well.  Also, the administration is good and very well organized.  In the future, I want to finish studying English and get a good job and help my children reach their goals.


Guadalupe with Teacher Laetitia and other students in the
Evening High Beginning ESL class


The Evening Essay Contest Award Winners
Alejandra, Guadalupe, Manuel
 
Thank you, Guadalupe, for sharing your inspiring story.

No comments: