Monday, April 7, 2014

ESL Student Patricia: People From Many Cultures Learn Together

Evening ESL Students celebrated Adult Education Week with an Essay Contest.

Essay Contest Writer Patricia Veliz, a student in Teacher Andy's class, shares her essay here:


The Adult School is great for the community because many people of different cultures come to learn English, for example, grammar, conversation, reading.  Also classes in computers and other subjects.

I have been coming here for a long time.  I am not a regular student because I work sometimes.  Now I am an assistant teacher and a babysitter in the Turnbull School (pre-school).  English helps me very much in my life every day because I have my daughter who is 9 years old and she is in 4th grade.

Finally I would like to study English in College because in July I receive the credential for Special Education Teacher in the Mild Moderate K-12.  After that, I have 5 years to take maybe 8 subjects.

Thank you, Patrica, for sharing your essay and inspiring others.


No comments: