Monday, March 24, 2014

ESL Student Ignacio: San Mateo Adult School Has the Doors Open for Everyone

Evening ESL Students celebrated Adult Education Week with an Essay Contest.

Award winner Ignacio Morales, a student in Teacher Laetitia's class, shares his essay here:

My name is Ignacio Morales.  I am studying at San Mateo Adult School.  I want to tell you how Adult School helps me.  I'm studying in Room 46 High Beginning.

San Mateo Adult School helps me a lot in many ways.  For example, at work last year I couldn't understand anything my boss told me.  Now I can speak with him.  At my work I need to speak with a few people.  Now I can understand more when people talk with me.  We have good conversations.  This is how Adult School helps me when I have conversations. 

Ignacio reading his essay
Another example is how my teacher helps me in my writing.  Now I can write a little more.  My writing helps me when I need to fill out an application for a new job or write paragraphs and letters.  I like my school very much.  Every day I learn a lot.

How does Adult School School help the community?  San Mateo Adult School helps a few people from different cities.  A few students come every day to school because they want to learn English.  They need to develop English skills to speak, read, and write English.  San Mateo Adult School offers many classes on how you can develop your skills. 

Why do people come to Adult School?  Because they want to learn how to speak, read, and write English.  San Mateo Adult School has the doors open for everyone.  This is a wonderful place.  The teachres are very friendly.  They help me a lot to develop my skills.  This is how Adult School helps. me.


Thank you, Ignacio, for sharing your essay and inspiring others.


No comments: