Sunday, June 17, 2018

Simone Coelho's Keys to Success



For Adult Education Week, students from Ms.Thompson's PreGED Morning and Evening classes were asked to write about the, "Keys to Success."   Our heartiest congratulations to all participants.
Simone Coelho was the Second Place Winner was the Adult Education Week Essay Contest


Simone Coelho
Keys   to   Success

Have you ever thought about following a dream?  What do you

want to accomplish in your future in the short or medium term?

Well, in my case I just decided to go back to school to get my GED test

done. Once I have my GED certificate, I will go to a community college

to pursue a degree in Business Administration. The reason I want a

degree  is because I can look for a better paid job and besides, I will be

a more educated person. On the other hand, I would be a

well-developed human being which means I could contribute back to my

community and help others to succeed as well.

Studying and learning new skills has been always something I like.

Whenever I feel it’s difficult trying to go back to school, I always say to

myself: keep going. Yes, keep going because you are your cheerleader!   

The keys to success academically are: don’t be afraid to ask for help, tell

yourself  to do your best and don’t pay attention to obstacles, but look

toward your goal, which is that degree.

When I mention difficulties or obstacles, I mean anything that can

take  away your focus, even negative friends or relatives.  Avoid staying

up late just for fun and sleep, study, sleep and study.

Make decisions for weekends based on the time you have so you
won’t be tired on Monday. Read a lot and practice your English as much as you can. Make good use of the Internet, it has a lot of good contents to help you to succeed academically.
To conclude, follow your dreams and go for it.  In the end, you will realize all you did was worthy, precious and invaluable. Go champion!




No comments: