Monday, May 19, 2014

Kathrain's Mother's Day Essay

ESL Student Kathrain Pomsel in Teacher Lily's Evening Low Advanced Class (Room 43) shares this lovely essay:

Mother`s Day

My mother's name is Brigitte. She is 75 years old.
She was the only child from her parents.
Her parents were divorced when she was 15 years old.
She has been married since 1958. She has three children.
My mother worked hard for many years and she has been retired since 1995.
My mother is a modern woman.
She likes to dance, to laugh, and she is interested in hearing news about her children, her grandchildren, and her neighborhood all the time.
My mother likes to read books and to travel to many countries.
I am happy about her very good health but I am angry, because she doesn't try to work with the Internet.
On Sunday (Mother's Day), because I am here in the U.S. I will be texting a message with my cellphone for her.
Normally, I buy a gift. Often it was chocolate, a book with crosswords, or sudoku or a biography about a famous person.
When I go back to Germany in the summer, I want to invite her out for a nice dinner.



Thank you for sharing your essay, Kathrain, and inspiring others to learn English and express themselves.

No comments: