Monday, April 7, 2014

ESL Student Saul: Adult School Helps to Feel Free in the USA

Evening ESL Students celebrated Adult Education Week with an Essay Contest.

Essay Contest Writer Saul Sanchez, a student in Teacher Andy's class, shares his essay here:


What good comes from this school helped me to feel better in my workplace.  Because, when I started working in this country, I felt very frustrated and had much pain to speak or ask for information because I didn't understand anything.  Even if I have the urge to come to school I always made a lot of excuses. 

One day, not too long ago, I decided to attend San Mateo Adult School and I love it.  Because it helped me to meet another people from different parts of the world.  It's a good language to make business. 

I tried to come daily to improve my English because I would like to get my GED Diploma.  At this time, I felt very proud of me because now I can speak in public with customers at work, with my boss and emplyees at work.

I have attended many places and I feel less frustrated. I just want to say thanks to God and the teachers at this school for help me feel free in this country. 

Thank you, Saul, for sharing your essay and inspiring others.

Saul preparing to read his essay.

No comments: