Wednesday, April 16, 2014

ESL Student Luke: A Big Window of Opportunities

Evening ESL Students celebrated Adult Education Week with an Essay Contest.

Essay Contest Writer Luke, a student in Teacher Lily's class, shares his essay here:


What Does Adult Education Mean to Me?

I think Adult Education means letting you learn more English and then you can get more opportunities to get a better job in the United States.  Also you can learn how to talk with other people, to make more and more friends.

When I came to school on the first day I was shy and very scared to talk with other people in English.  And then 1 month later I felt my English getting better, I want to find a job, because I saw there is a class called "finding a job."  Later I joined this class, at this class, the teacher taught me a lot, such as how to shake hands, how to introduce myself when I get an interview, and what you should not do when you are working.  Now I got a job because I came to the Adult School, and I got better and better, because it is helped me a lot.

And in Adult School I met many friends.  The important thing is they are from many different countries, not only China.  And then they will teach me their languages.  So now I feel very interested and happy.

For all these reasons and more, I like the Adult School.  Adult Education to me means a big window of opportunities to know the United States, and to join this big country.

Thank you, Luke, for sharing your essay and inspiring others.





No comments: