Thursday, September 27, 2018

Morning Student Council Secretary Claudia Asselborn shared her story and her vision of teamwork and progress at the 2018-19 Morning Candidate Forum.  Here, with her permission, is her wonderful speech.
Claudia speaking at the Morning Candidate Forum
Director Tim listening in the background

Good Morning Director Tim, teachers and students! Thanks for coming!

I would like to introduce myself because although many people know me, others still don’t.

My name is Claudia Asselborn and I am running for Secretary of the Student Council.

I am from Argentina. I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in education. I worked as a substitute teacher and student counselor.  I also worked as an administrative assistant for eleven years in my country.

I came to California with my husband for his work. First, we lived in San Francisco for a few months, and then, we moved to San Mateo two years ago.  I've been studying English in San Mateo Adult School since then. I am Student Ambassador and joined in the program ESL City Government Academy.

My English was very poor, and to be honest, in my high school I was never a good English student. But studying English here in our school has changed my life! Learning English in a wonderful environment, in my opinion, is not only excellent, it is also a unique opportunity! Thanks all my teachers for teaching me.

Today, I am here in front of you because, as I said before, I am running for Secretary, and I would like to be part of the Student Council because I really enjoy creating ideas and working together as a team. I want to help organize activities to raise money for the Student Council and help our school. I am a friendly person, active, responsible, and helpful.

I promise to work together with the President and Vice President with openness and honesty.

Thank you for your time, thank you for listening me, and remember to vote for me:

Claudia Asselborn Secretary!

Thank you so much!
Leaders committed to serving the community:
Claudia, Shereen, Shelly, and City of San Mateo Mayor Rick Bonilla


Thank you, Claudia, for sharing your speech - and for your choice to serve and support the SMAS community! 

No comments: