Thursday, June 10, 2010

More Letters From Red Letter Day!

Teacher Shirley has submitted two wonderful letters that her students wrote for Red Letter Day. Our students are awesome!

Dear Assembly Woman Brownley,

I'm a student at San Mateo Adult School. I'm in the High Beginning ESL Class.

I'm writing you because money was cut from our school. My school is important because I want to learn English because I want to speak to my children's doctor and my children's teachers. I want to help my children with homework. I want to understand important papers and I want a better job. I will have more opportunities for my family.

My class helps me learn English.

Please Support our school and education for us.

Sincerely,

Maria Esthela Vega





Dear Senator Romero,


I'm a student at San Mateo Adult School. I'm in the High Beginning ESL class. The School is very good. I want to live in America so I need to learn English. I want to learn English because I want a better job. I want to connect and talk with my neighbors and other Americans. I want to read the newspaper. I want to be able to read important papers. I want to understand TV shows. I want to help my children and family. San Mateo Adult School give me the chance to study and learn English.

I'm writing you because money was cut from our school. My school is important because I learn English here.

Please support our school and education.

Sincerely,

Junyao

No comments: