Saturday, October 13, 2018

2018-19 Evening Vice President Olivia Velasquez' Forum Speech

Evening Student Council Vice President Olivia Velazquez shared her story and this stellar speech at the 2018-19 Evening Candidate Forum.   Here, with her permission, is her wonderful speech.

Evening Student Council Vice President
Olivia Velasquez
Alt Text:  Smiling woman with short hair
in white blouse, black tie and vest.
Good evening, students and staff members.  My name is Olivia Velasquez and I'm running for student council vice president.  I'm from Guadelajara, Mexico.  I'm remember my first months here.  I was a low beginning ESL student when I started in this school.  Now I'm a high intermediate student.  I worked hard and I learned that nothing succeeds if there is no effort.  
 
It probably won't surprise you that I have decided to run for student council for the role of vice president.  As student council vice president, I will strive to continue making improvements in this school, with my colleagues, for the benefit of all.  I know that the student council works side-by-side with the student body and the administration.  Today I am asking for your vote.  Should you elect me, I will listen to your concerns and work hard for you.  Thank you.

Thank you, Olivia, for sharing your speech and for making the commitment to serve our community!

No comments: